BUY A BREW, SUPPORT THE ZOO!
When you attend Zoo Brew, you are supporting Zoo programs and conservation efforts to help save animals in the wild. Every dollar raised at Zoo Brew continues to advance the Zoo’s mission.
Every Wednesday in June, July & August
*note: there will be no Zoo Brew on Wednesday, July 4.
Zoo Brew kicks off for the 2018 season on June 6!
Free for Zoo Members
Regular Admission for Non-Members
Must be 21 to enter. No children allowed. Must present ID at door.
Rain or shine, there’s beer and wine!
Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Doors close at 8:30 p.m.
Last call at 8:45 p.m.
Event ends at 9:00 p.m.
Animals must go to bed 30 minutes before sunset.
Themes and Bands for 2018
6/6 – TAPPED FOR CONSERVATION – Standing Hampton
6/13 – ALES & TAILS – Punching Pandas
6/20 – KICKIN’ IT COUNTRY – Royce Johns
6/27 – WILD FOR WINE -Faculty Lounge
FRIDAY 7/6 – RED, WHITE & STRIPES – Toaster
(No Zoo Brew on Wed., July 4)
7/11 – PENGUINS & PILSNERS – The Big Joe Kinser
7/18 – 80’s NIGHT – Aftershock
7/25 – JUNGLE BELLS – HWY 14 Blues
8/1 – ZOOFARI – Dick Danger Band
8/8 – LIONS & LAGERS – The Sheet
8/15 – WILD YARD GAMES – Sons of Gladys Kravitz
8/22 – UNCORKED – 5 Below
8/29 – ZOOLAPALOOZA – Pianopalooza
Are you interested in sponsoring Zoo Brew? Please call 515.974.2533 for sponsorship and booth opportunities!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – Know before you go
1. Can I bring in my child or baby to Zoo Brew?
No, Zoo Brew is a 21 and older event. Each visitor must present valid photo ID at the entrance.
2. What is the price for Zoo Brew?
Regular admission for Non-Members ($14 per person) and free for Zoo Members.
3. Are samples available?
Samples begin promptly at 5:30 p.m. and are first come, first serve.
4. Why are the animals not out the entire time?
For the safety of the animals and animal care staff, the animals must go in for the night 30 minutes prior to sunset. Animals will turn in at 8:00 pm.
5. Will there be food at Zoo Brew?
Yes, the Safari Grill will be open. Hy-Vee will also have a food tent down by the train.
6. Do I have to use all my Groupon tickets at one Zoo Brew?
No, you will be able to redeem your Groupon at the Zoo and use the tickets at any Zoo Brew you attend.
7. What is the regular sold beer?
Bud Light, Budweiser, Busch Light, Coors Light, Miller Lite, Smith & Forge Hard Cider, Angry Orchard, Blue Moon, Summer Shandy, Exile Ruthie, Lime-a-Ritas, Barefoot wine, and Barefoot Refresh Spritzers.
8. What is the price for drinks?
The cost of drinks at Zoo Brew is $4 per beer/wine.
9. Is Zoo Brew a cash-only event?
The bars are cash only. Credit cards will not be accepted at any of the bars. There is an ATM located in the Admissions area and by the Safari Grill. NEW this year, you may purchase drink tickets with credit card at the Gift Shop & at the Snack Shack (located in the center of the Zoo)
10. Where can I purchase Zoo Brew Merchandise?
Zoo Brew Merchandise will be for sale by the Tortoises (cash only) and in the in the Gift Shop.
11. Can I bring my own chairs?
You are welcome to bring your own chairs. We will provide folding chairs by the stage and have many benches throughout the entire zoo.
12. Is there a shuttle?
There will be shuttle provided to bring guests from the over flow parking lot to Admissions that runs from 5:15-9:00.
13. Can I host a private event at Zoo Brew?
Yes, email email@example.com or call 515-974-2506 for more details!
NO MONKEY BUSINESS ALLOWED:
- This is a 21 & over event. Must present Valid ID at the Door
- Disorderly conduct will result in your removal from the event. This includes trespassing into restricted areas, the feeding of animals, teasing or yelling at the animals, and dumping of liquids in a non-designated area.
- Respect all fences and boundaries. They are there for your safety and the safety of the animals.
- No re-entry. If you leave the event for any reason, you will be unable to return.
- Last entry at 8:30 pm. Bars close at 8:45 pm.
- Blank Park Zoo is a smoke-free environment. No smoking, including e-cigarettes, are allowed on Zoo grounds.
- No refunds. Not for resale. Rain or shine.
For more information about Zoo Brew, please call 515-285-4722 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org!